I suggest you ...

Organise your bookmark list like yours os, in differents folders

The idea is that you could organise your selection of bookmarks, like you can in a selected folder and sub-folder of your operating system. EX List (music) in différents folders (classic, rock, ...)

1,869 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Phronima AxxonPhronima Axxon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
jody perkinsjody perkins shared a merged idea: Please create a gui interface for organizing bookmarks into folders!!  ·   · 
Berylaube 00Berylaube 00 shared a merged idea: Could you make it possible to organise the bookmark list as on a computer in different folders?  ·   · 
started  ·  Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo responded  · 

Thanks for all inputs.We are spearing no efforts to make Diigo 6.0 available soon. We are working on a brand-new way to organize items. You can use hierarchy system in a new way. it is also super easy to re-order items’ structure. Please stay tuned.

250 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • aminul islamaminul islam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are a seller of Coins, Numismatics, Stamps and Collectibles of all sorts! Coin-Outlet is a major supplier of coins, stamps and paper money to collectors and dealers throughout the United States. Founded by J. Wolfgram and dedicated to offering the best service to all customers. Coin-Outlet brings information and people interested in collecting coins together.

• moti maglmoti magl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we are waiting waiting and steel not even an update???

pls tell us were we stand on these important matter

• meistr perchennogmeistr perchennog commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

February 2014: Still no 'Folders', still no 'Diigo 6'. Whose backside do I direct my boot at, your's or Santa's elf? Two Christmases and still no presents. Will they perchance come as arrows on the 14th? I don't want to be booting Cupid into touch too.

Hope deferred, truly does make the heart sick.

• Hans van MeterenHans van Meteren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since April 1 2012 (Foolls day !!) there is rumour that Diigo will be updated with folders (version 6?) but one and a half year later we don't hear no progress at all. I think Diigo could be more client focused AND make some more progress with this much wanted issue.

• MikeransbyMikeransby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to agree with "Jorge".

This is really basic stuff, and it should have been implemented a looooong time ago.
    Please let us know where you are in the progress, since the wating and not-knowing will just drive all of your customers away.
    I know I am thinking of finding another firm who can do better than this, and my guess is; So are many others !

• Jorge -Jorge - commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a long-time Diigo premium subscriber, with a large amount of professional information curated along the years, and I find frustrating the lack of progress on this area.

I appreciate all the effort put on the new Diigo Chrome extension and the new branding and web site, but something as basic as grouping bookmarks into folders should be a priority.

Even more disappointing that the lack of progress is the lack of information. The last comment on this regard from Diigo is dated 2012 (!); if at least we were receiving updates to understand why is taking so long, the level of frustration would be certainly lower. If you are not able to commit on this idea or are finding problems with this particular development, be honest and just tell us what it is. Hiding yourselves from your customers is the worst customer support strategy I can think of.

• Radu21Radu21 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would've subscribed immediately to premium diigo - until I saw that I cannot organize my lists in folders !!!.
    This is by far the most basic thing in any kind of information organizer.
    The fact that it's not there yet, after so many releases, shows a mind-boggling level of incompetency of whoever is in charge with designing this thing.
    I'm uninstalling the extension. Without folder organizing it's not worth using even for free.

• first lastfirst last commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

3 things added to this version will make me pay for premium, and all are as important:

1. multilevel lists or folders
    2. faster(directly to a .htm file) , structured(keeping the hierarchy) and partial(only certain folder or subfolder, not my entire library) EXPORT
    3. possibility to pay with some kind of prepaid card (see paysafecard.com for ex.), meaning its anonymous.

P.S. Without at least the first 2 working, I will not use diigo even if free.
    My respects, for how diigo it is so far!

• Mrlloyd025Mrlloyd025 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Folder system is beneficial but my hope is that tagging with user controlled vocabulary becomes more effortless. Would love to be able to choose from a simple tag cloud without having to start typing to get list of tags that begin with the same letter. Difficult to remember how I have tagged similar items in the past and like to tag alike so a simple tag search will locate all similar pages.

• first lastfirst last commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am looking forward for the new organizing system(hopelly some kind of multi level, or sublist in a sublist...).

Tags are good, but let me give you an impossible example: what if you tagged some music stuffs with the tag:ROCK, and then you want to tag some rock(as of stones) stuffs with the same tag:ROCK. Regarding the fact that both are in separate lists, they will be together in the same tag:ROCK, which is wrong. On top of this, it is much more easier to organize and see things in a hierarchical system like root/music/rock and another root/geology/rock.

Thanks!

• alpha_lambdaalpha_lambda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Organising tags in a hierarchical way would be so useful. In a few month of use, bookmarks and tags are so numerous that it becomes essential to organise them. Thank you!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base