I suggest you ...

PDF annotation

Annotation on PDF document

1,514 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Joel LiuAdminJoel Liu (Admin, Diigo ) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Cosmovillager LeucollaCosmovillager Leucolla shared a merged idea: Upload pdf, images, documents and other files from hard disk for complete research archives  ·   · 
Angel TorresAngel Torres shared a merged idea: PDF Capabilitty  ·   · 

79 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Christine LampeChristine Lampe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sooo exciting to be highlighting a PDF with Diigo. Only wish those annotations would show up on the annotated link TODAY. Trying to be patient... :-)

• Christine LampeChristine Lampe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Soo looking forward to PDF support. Presently using Webnotes for PDF which has Diigo-like annotation/capture/reporting. Others are using Mendeley for citation + annotation, but it doesn't do the capture/reporting. Killer app? Mendeley + Webnotes+ Diigo

• Christine PadbergChristine Padberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks, Devin Hess! I tried to send you a message through this site but it wouldn't let me. I, too, would love to share thoughts and resources. Here's how you can contact me: @xtinepadberg on Twitter or cpadberg4@stlcc.edu to my work e-mail.

• Devin HDevin H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand that the feature is coming soon. I too am eager to see it - Diigo is such a great tool, but without this feature it's hard to fully implement in the classroom. There are a couple of alternatives that I know of, but non as easy to use as Diigo. Check out A.nnotatate and readCube.

cpadberg1217 - By the way, I am also researching online literacy tools and their use in the classroom. I was a social studies teacher for a while and now participate in a teacher literacy research group at UC Berkeley while I work as an ed-techconsultant. I would love to share thoughts and resources on the topic.

• Christine PadbergChristine Padberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am on sabbatical this semester, and one of things I'm researching are web tools that support online reading. I love Diigo for its highlighting feature, but I can't give it the highest recommendation until we can annotate PDFs! I know it's something you're working on, but in the meantime, anyone know of other web tools that WILL allow PDF annotation? Thanks!

• Sandy_diigoAdminSandy_diigo (Admin, Diigo ) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The project is in-progress. Our long-term goal is to make all clients support PDF annotations.
    Our short-term goal is make this feature available on website,Diigo ext for chrome and ff.
    It will be available on diigo website soon. When it is released, you can upload&annotate on PDF
    without installation of any other extensions. It is super easy.Please stay tuned.

• wobniarwobniar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear god yes. Almost all of the articles I find are PDFs, so when I got Diigo to help for annotating them, it wasn't as useful as I'd thought.

• Julie TesdahlJulie Tesdahl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

About highlighting in pdfs, perhaps is a good idea, while other possibilities are still not avaliable, to store/open pdfs on diigo with a fox it reader integration

• superconductorsuperconductor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1! Or rather, make that +100! Annotation with markers, pens etc. and saving to Diigo would make a KILLER product!!

• Michel HalbautMichel Halbaut commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be very helpful. I am using pdfNotes Pro on the Ipad and love it. Bringing this functionality into Diigo would strengthen our use of Diigo as an annotation and curation tool. MH

• kim bedsonkim bedson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PDF annotation would really make this useful to students. Without it I'll have to look for something else.

• Estef FdezEstef Fdez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

about highlighting in pdfs, perhaps is a good idea, while other possibilities are still not avaliable, to store/open pdfs on diigo with a fox it reader integration, so we can highlight them. Just saying :)

• Xiaoyu TangXiaoyu Tang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes! I vote for this idea. especially for the pdf files directly displayed in browsers.

Feedback and Knowledge Base