Ideas

Welcome to Diigo Ideas Forum

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

For bug-reporting or general how-to questions, please check the right side of this page and choose “Bugs” or “How-to” forum.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It would be nice if I can have a download button by which i can download all my notes in text format inside folder.. Just a idea :)

It would be nice if I can have a download button by which i can download all my notes in text format inside folder.. Just a idea :)

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Don't expose private items trough lists and RSS

Right now, private items on a public list are turned public. That's not the behaviour I would expect and only recently discovered this. A public list should be public, but a private item on it, shouldn't be shown in either the list or the feed.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  My Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. have groups automatically consolidate when users submit the same article to a group

When I have a group with multiple members, each member can bookmark the same article to the group and it shows up twice. I would prefer if diigo could consolidate the two bookmarks into one.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Diigo group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    xie qiangxie qiang responded

We are looking into the issue.

4. Keep existing tags when resharing a document to a group

When I reshare a document to a group (adding highlights or sticky notes) I observed that all the previous tags of the documents are delated.
    I think it will be better to only be able to add taggs when resharing an existing document in a group

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Diigo group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add a few pre-defined symbols/comments as annotations

Add "Star"(favorite), "Important", "Must Read", "Not important", "Cf", etc. tags. Most users use them most of the time in their sticky notes, anyway. Why make them type it?

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. implement two way (bidirectional) sync with browsers and/or other services

Diigo should be able to sync with my browsers or other services. This means that I could change a bookmark in Firefox and it could sync with my Diigo library, just like xmarks allows. However, I know Diigo doesn't really have a means for storing a local copy of bookmarks except sort of in Firefox so (short of developing a desktop sync, which doesn't seem to be happening) a different way to tackle this would be to enable (two way, mirrored, bidirectional) syncing with other services such as xmarks, delicious, etc
    I realize Diigo can already add things to Delicious…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. cache Youtube videos

It would be good if Diigo could cache (i.e. keep a copy) of Youtube (and other video sharing sites such as Vimeo) videos. It could download the video as flv, mp4 file etc and store in the cloud. Sometimes Youtube videos disappear and so it would great to keep those ones. Diigo could use a current facility such as Savevid to do the downloading. Also Diigo wouldn't need to keep multiple copies of the same video for each user who bookmarked it.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. allow people to navigate to another tab without losing all of your notes!

Sometimes you need to corroborate something and so you need to go to a new tab or window but then your annotation disappears, that's paragraphs just gone all together!! Please allow people to navigate away from the page without losing their notation unless they expressly click on the "X" at the top of the little sticky note!!! Thanks! Otherwise, love it!!

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Support for merging multiple links into one

Some websites, most often the online versions of newspapers and other print media, split their articles into several pages, which means you have to create two or more bookmarks. It would be cool if you could combine them to a single diigo library item and have a viewer that puts them below each other. (Sometimes they offer a single page view or one can exploit the print view, but often this is really annoying for annotating longer articles).

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. resizing sticky note editor

It will be good if we can change the size of sticky note editor (editing area)

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Export FULL Diigo Libraries, INCLUDING cached pages and images

I am actually just reiterating a rather popular idea on here that, though in "Planned" status since 2012, has still not been resolved.

*If you have already voted for the original thread referenced below, please cast your extra votes on this thread to show your continued support for this idea. If you have not voted for the original thread referenced below, please cast your votes on THAT thread.*

Offer users the ability to export all cached pages (not just annotations. . .) and images.

The original thread is here: http://feedback.diigo.com/forums/76211-ideas/suggestions/1170543-offer-an-export-feature-that-includes-images-and-c

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  My Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. list sections in sidebar

I'd love to see the list sections in the side bar so I can easily navigate to what I need!

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create bibliographical references in APA and MLA style from websites

I think it'd be great to get Diigo to generate references for all the sites saved in my lists. I use Diigo for research purposes and that's a feature that it will certainly come in handy. Other services such as Citelighter offer this possibility. It can save a lot of time.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow to use Markdown syntax in notes and sticky notes

It's been reported already for Quick Note for Mac, but I think this should be option available generally in any interface and especially the Diigo website.

Markdown allows to use plain text to achieve structured content and this fits the purpose of notes. IMO this could be provided as an option just like there is now an option to use a reach editor, so one could use what one likes best. There is even a quasi editor for Markdown syntax, which inserts appropriate text snippets on click of a button, but it's not indispensable IMO. What would be useful, however,…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Cross-post to Google Bookmarks

So in Google search results we would see not only a number of related Diigo notes but also direct links to such sites marked with stars

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Chrome Extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Diigo & Chrome lacking features

Do not know if its me but compared to Diigo extension and Firefox I find it frustrating to use Diigo bookmarklet (since no official extension exists) in Google Chrome.
    There are no shortcut keys to bookmark a site nor a popout sidebar. As far as I can tell there is no way of searching for tags on Diigo requiring me to actually go to diigo.com in Chrome

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Chrome Extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. open read-later in text only format

open read-later link in text only format (like instapaper or read it later) so we can load faster & save bandwidth. And this option should be available in power-note as well. Thanks!

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Android App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make it possible to ignore a user from all views

I notice that Diigo has its amount of spammers. In addition to making it possible to report spammers, also make it possible to block a user so that their submissions will disappear from all views and messages

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. http://www.swebbo.com/

share your great link

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  My Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Outliner Export - Loses popup annotations feature

I like outliner, but the new "View / Edit" mode loses the best feature on export: the pop-up window showing the highlights. Now it exports with all highlights showing. With lots of highlights showing, one loses the outline structure. Either allow people with the link to choose between the two modes or make each bookmark's annotation hideable. (Not simply by collapsing the whole outline structure). I started using it a lot, but won't until this is fixed.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  My Outliner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base