Ideas

Welcome to Diigo Ideas Forum

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

For bug-reporting or general how-to questions, please check the right side of this page and choose “Bugs” or “How-to” forum.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Collapse or Expand "Sections" within a "List"

When in a List that is subdivided into Sections, it would be great to be able to COLLAPSE and EXPAND sections.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Data uploads, storage and sharing

The ability to upload files, tag it, store it and share it with others.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable the ability to tag annotations separately from the main bookmark to separate distinct ideas

Articles usually make multiple points, for example might make five different recommendations for one topic. Being able to tag these five annotations separately would allow the ability to find a cross section of similar ideas within articles.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. list groups on library page

It would help to be able to see which groups we've posted our sites to on the front page so we don't duplicate our efforts

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Diigo group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make diigo toolbar work in Chrome or firefox while surfing in anonymous/incognito mode

As the diigo toolbar does not work while surfing in anonymous (FF)/incognito mode (Chrome) it would be great if it would because i surf in that modes al the time and diigo toolbar becomes totally useless when doing this. In times of more and more tracing and data-collecting this is an absolut stopper and it would be sad if diigo didn´t get the anonymous/incognito mode to work with the toolbar.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Adding Username of who submitted it in My Network Rss Feed

When Viewing the rss feed of my network it doesn't show the user name of the person that submitted that bookmark!

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Put ads on the side not throughout our bookmarks.

Putting ads throughout our bookmarks is an underhanded trick so we click on the ads.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. RSS Reader, In-Diigo reading of shared items.

With the death of share in Google Reader Diigo's curation and commenting is the closest replacement I've found yet.

I would like a way to consume the group feed, followed feed, and contact shared items without leaving 'My Library' and have to ability to comment and share to (groups, individuals, emails, and Diigo. Competitors only allow push to other networks - this does not build a reciprocal community.)

Please build a RSS Reader so we can consume, share, comment, and organize RSS/Atom feeds.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. For Educators: See one students responses

As an educator I would like to see all contributions of one particular student/group member. Every sticky they respond to, every comment, every bookmark. Currently it just shows a group members bookmarked sites, and if they commented on a topic. I want to see all activity. Just a thought.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Diigo group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide a "Markdown" preview-text/html

A lot of 'cool' notepads are starting to get smart and add 'Markdown' support.

Hey don't get me wrong, I think 'Quick Note' is already 'cool'. But with 'markdown' support it would become "Urber-COOL" :)

Thank you... m(_ _)m

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Quick Note for Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. open links without Diigo frame

When I open a link from Diigo, for example after a search, I don't want the Diigo frame on it. I would like to set a preference to not have that on each page.

Further, when I try to close it (the way one would with the analogous Stumbleupon frame) clicking the X prompts for "bury" this. I don't know what that is, but it's unexpected behavior from a close X control. So also that needs a redesign, IMO, because the interaction design has appropriated the close-X which is just wrong.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Safari Extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add delete button to Bookmark dialog

It would be really convenient to have a Delete button on the Save a Bookmark dialog for pages that are already bookmarked.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. add a chat im system

add a chat option like on facebook, so it's quicker and easier than just commenting on everything. It'd make for better group discussion/debate.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Share on Twitter and Facebook

Ability to share bookmars on Twitter and Facebook.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Convert Diigo toolbar objects into draggable Firefox UI objects

I hate toolbars. If you made your toolbar objects movable then I could drag the few i want to and from the Customize pallet and eventually remove the Diigo toolbar then just use the objects from wherever I dragged them to. This saves UI space.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. `identi.ca this´ option when adding bookmarks (like twitter one)

It would be great to have an option to send the resource bookmarked to identi.ca... as an option on diigo, and diigo toolbar...

As you may know, identi.ca is a free twitter, it can even send "dents" to twitter, facebook, etc...

Best regards!
    luciano

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Prove the Option for Sorting Bookmarks Alphabetically

Please fix this. It ruins an otherwise great service.

I, along with many others, simply want OPTION to sort bookmarks alphabetically. I have a lot of bookmarks and I use tags, however many of my tags have close to 100 bookmarks. It's not a quick process to find a specific item among 100 when they are not organized logically. Chronological order does not make much sense in this situation. Am I really to be expected to have a better memory for the order in which I bookmarked pages (out of thousands) than the alphabet, which is universal and only 26…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fix the delicious sync - mine isn't working!

I've connected the accounts via Yahoo, but so far nothing I've bookmarked in Diigo is syncing to Delicious.

Maybe the Delicious API is broken or something, but it would be nice to have it working so I thought I'd check. :D

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. make it easier for the diigo account holder to block a follower.

I have been all over the website. I can easily follow someone but how do you block a follower?

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo responded

We know twitter supports blocking followers and some users do not want others to track their activities.We will consider it in the new version.Meanwhile,public bookmarks
    are open to all users and there stand
    a chance for other users to find out your bookmarks. You can also choose to
    save your bookmarks private and limit
    your posts to a specific group.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base