Ideas

Welcome to Diigo Ideas Forum

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

For bug-reporting or general how-to questions, please check the right side of this page and choose “Bugs” or “How-to” forum.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Ability to label the highlight dots next to the sidebar

I'd like to be able to label the little colored dots next to the sidebar (the ones indicating where a highlight is) -- It would be nice to be able to see that there is a key term at that spot on the page or at that spot the author begins talking about "x". Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Labeling the highlight dots will be terrible when you annotate a long Webpage that cause the dots concentrated. You can add sticky note onto highlights.

2. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  iPad App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hey guys I have a great idea to help with organization...

We the users should be able to annotate and save info to specific "section" of each "list" to eliminate so much "top, bottom, up, and down" sorting. You should still keep these setting for sorting but having that as the only way to sort it takes up alot of time, and we know users LOVE instant gratification. Thank You for your time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Put "Show drop-down menu when text is selected" option on Diigo toolbar

It's often very useful to automatically show diigo drop-down menu when text is selected. But sometimes it becomes a drag.

Yes, it's easy to disable this menu with an item on the same menu, but to reenable it you must go back to Diigo options.

So, it would be nice to be able to enable this function on a Diigo toolbar item.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. it would be great if I could go through my old links and delete the useless and unsuccessful links

Common sense dictates the deletion of useless and inactive links.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Highlight over other highlights with same or different color, pop-up options to delete portions of highlight, etc.

I often edit a particular highlight by either by either including more text or excluding highlighted text, or highlighting portions in a different colors. This requires me to on-mouse-over the highlight and hope the elusive edit menu to appear at the beginning of the highlight (not where my mouse is) so that I can delete the highlight. Then I have to highlight things over in order to make it the way I want it to.

I should be able to highlight over portions of already highlighted content thereby overwriting my initial intent. To elaborate, if the highlight is of the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Highlighter Color Choice directly in FIRST pop-up: get rid of "second pop-up" = save millions of hours

I use the highlighter function a lot via the mini-menu, pop-up (upon selecting text). In order to choose color one needs to on-mouse-over the icon and wait for a SECOND pop-up with the 4 color choices. There is absolutely no reason to have a second pop-up. It is highly unnecessary and only serves to waste people’s time.

I, like most people, like to use different highlight colors for different purposes and therefore change colors often from highlight to highlight. Switching colors requires the extra focus to on-mouse-over and wait the half a second for the extra pop-up EVERY TIME I…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

More operations will be put onto the mini menu(content selection menu). But “color choice directly” may occupy a lot of space. In our next version, you can have the sticky note with multiple color.

9. Chrome mini-menu + Firefox drop-down menu = best of both worlds = copy, highlight color, search option combined!

Chrome's text selected pop-up menu (mini-menu) has the exclusive option of choosing highlighter color and search Diigo. Firefox's text selected pop-up menu (drop-down menu) has the exclusive option to copy text/url.

Why are these options allowed exclusively for one browser but not the other? Why not allow users to customize to your liking? switch order, take out unused options that gets in the way?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow us to post Screen Captures in suggestions (Ideas, "I suggest you..." section) - HELP ME, HELP YOU!

Picture = >1000 words. Help us, help you by allowing us to better demonstrate what we mean.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Chrome Extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Diigo group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Have the ability to attach related notes

I'd like the option to be able to attach related noted together (like what happens when you screenshot a picture on a note page).

For example: when reading an editorial on a specific journal article, I'd like the ability to attach the page to the journal article to the editorial page (kind of in a bundle) because they are DIRECTLY related and one would make no sense without the other.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Auto-complete for tags

When creating or searching tags, an auto-complete option would be useful

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iPad App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. your new logo sucks. it looks like something costco or walmart would come up with.

your new logo is horrible. it looks like something costco or walmart would come up with.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. make the top header a unified format and look across all Diigo web service, in order to simply the look of Diigo and make it seamless

make the top header a unified format/look across all Diigo web services, in order to simplify the look of Diigo and make it seamless. This way, if I go from my library to "Message," the top banner where it says my username and "settings/sign out," will look the same and I won't be confused

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. link to other web documents

If there is an option to link to other web documents or any url in annotation is quite useful to organize our notes,ideas

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Use selected text as a tag

I would love to be able to tag my bookmarks by selecting words from the page and choosing whether I would like to highlight the selected word or to use it as a tag.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Option for saving screenshots to disc and clipboard from Chrome Extension

I'd like to be able to take a screenshot, annotate it, choose "Copy to clipboard" and then just paste it in a word doc/drive doc/e-mail or whatever I'm working on. Also a save to disc option would be good.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We really wanted to add these two functions, but we can not.
    Please use Awesome Screenshot which has thes two functions instead.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base