Ideas

Welcome to Diigo Ideas Forum

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

For bug-reporting or general how-to questions, please check the right side of this page and choose “Bugs” or “How-to” forum.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Tag Drill Down on Android App

Currently on the Diigo website you can select a tag and then it will return the results plus the ability to drill down on tags that are grouped with the current tag you've selected. Then from there you can continue to select more tags and it will drill down your results.

Having this functionality within the Android app is absolutely necessary for me to move to a Premium plan with Diigo. Without it I can't easily find my bookmarks on the Android app, which makes Diigo only plausible on my desktop.

An example app that does this very well is…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Android App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search improvement - partial words

Enable partial term search - e.g. "arch" should return items with "architecture" and "archimate" and even "march" (note: may already work in premium search,not sure). Today I must search for "Architecture" to get a result set.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to add annotations in images

It would be great to be able to add annotations to different areas of an image. Similar to what http://www.notableapp.com/ does.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Chrome Extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. you should have a preference so that i can choose to search by "tag" every time i open diigo

you should have a preference setting so that i can choose to search by "tag" every time i open diigo. same for the other types of searches.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow folders of bookmarks in groups.

Our group has several types of bookmarks we want to share and rate. Please let us organize them physically instead of just with tags.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Diigo group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Import from Pinterest

I would like to import my pins on Pinterest to my Diigo account, think that could be a great feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Images, animation annotation

Hi.Please extend capture facility to diigolet.Allow annotation of images, animation and flash videos directly from their URL such that they can be experienced from My Library.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. hide archived notes from library main screen.

I would like to be able to hide the items from my archived lists from my main screen. That way I don't have to see items from past projects, but I don't have to delete them, either.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Diigo is great tool providing colorful tags,Blogs,Web Design sites,Blog Style and great for collecting information.

Diigo is great tool providing colorful tags,Blogs,Web Design sites,Blog Style and great for collecting information.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I have had to BLOCK diigo to prevent it from highlighting text at random. FIX THIS!!!

I have always liked using Diigo, but I CANNOT have it intruding on my browsing univited, copying things to my history that I did not select, and ESPECIALLY randomly highlighting text on social sites like Facebook! If this behavior does not stop, I'll have to stop using Diigo, which would be a shame, because I've appreciated using it for many years.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can right click the Diigo Extension icon and click “Options”. Then cancel the “Automatically show highlight and search mini-menu when selecting any text” option.

12. Separate tags by comas, not quotation marks!

I've never came across another website that separates tags by quotation marks instead of comas, and it's just annoying to have to do it that way here.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Show all bookmarks going to the same site

I'd find it useful to see which sites (domains) are most heavily bookmarked by a user or in a group. Are you mostly bookmarking from a limited set of sources, or do you have a couple of pages from a whole lot of sites? I'm particularly interested in this for groups, but I think it would be interesting on the individual level too.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Diigo group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow payments with some kind of prepaid card (see paysafecard.com for ex.),no bank account, more anonymous

I buy the card with some value(your fee), and you cash that value. It is like a prepaid phone card. No need to spread personal information and bank accounts all over.
    Yes, i know you will upset "BIG BROTHER", with this method, but i think it will bring you more premium buyers.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Free hand and text annotation in ipad web highlighter

Web highlighter ipad bookmarklet should have free hand annotation and Text Annotation

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. change Awesome Screenshot's image extension as JPG, not JPEG so directory navigation displays files with matching extensions.

change Awesome Screenshot's image extension to JPG, not JPEG so it matches with other saved files, OR, give us the choice in the options screen (even better) - Save JPEG images with extension JPG / JPEG

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bookmarking with the Windows 8 (RT) Share button

The Diigolet is not simple to use with IE 10/Windows RT, I gave up using Diigo on my Surface.
    Can you allow bookmarking a web page to Diigo using the "Share" button "Bar charm's" ?

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base