Ideas

Welcome to Diigo Ideas Forum

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

For bug-reporting or general how-to questions, please check the right side of this page and choose “Bugs” or “How-to” forum.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. FIX website caching machine

Sometimes cached page can't load some images, CSS files, javascript and other media. Please fix it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In My Library see screen captures at Full Size, so you can read and recognise the pages.

Awesome Screenshot - When viewing "My Library", the List of Screen Shots (SS) is there. When Searching by visually looking for something not just Name or Tags, it's hard when there's a lot of items. Yes you can use Tags, but that's not always simple enough, it takes quite some time and precision Scroll from top to bottom of a List or Page and back again to locate the SS you want. Plus dizzy with the page moving all the time.

When the LIst is populated, you can't see clear detail of the SS. Especially when it's mainly writing. It's…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Chrome Extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Display ALL existing tags in tag dropdown, in Add Bookmark window

Hi

Diigo would be much more helpful if you display ALL my existing tags in the tag dropdown, in the Add Bookmark window, when i start to type.

Shows SOME:
    http://s19.postimg.org/l7ovg7sj7/diigo_drop1.jpg

MISSING:
    http://s19.postimg.org/jtx8kwt9v/diigo_drop2.jpg

thx

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Thumbnails when annotation slide is active.

It would be nice to have thumbnails appear and be selectable for expansion within the annotation slide. The thumbnail can be at 50% therefore when multiple images from the url were present there would be 2X2 to save space.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. in library list : add picture (thumbnail) This could help a lot/ and be a nicer design

in library list : add picture (thumbnail) This could help a lot/ and be a nicer design

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. How many people bookmarked this site,link etc. ? Show it in my bookmarks.

When I add/bookmarked a site - show how many people bookmarked this site in my library like hot bookmarks. (Optionally enable/disable this feature in settings)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Resolve shortened addresses

Nowadays shortened Web addresses are everywhere, especially in social networks such as twitter that have become a frequent source of interesting links. Unfortunately, Diigo does not handle shortened links properly. For example, I have added a shortened link to Diigo in my mobile device, and I used Diigo's Android app to read and highlight the article. Then, I wanted to re-read the article and check my highlights in my computer. The link was indeed in my library, the highlights also appeared in my library, but when I clicked on the link, Diigo extension was unable to recognize that the article…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Email users if your privacy policy changes

Please amend your privacy policy to *email* users if "we are going to use users' personally identifiable information in a manner materially different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify by posting a notice on our Web site for 30 days."

This is much more forthcoming than just posting a notice on your site. I sometimes go for weeks, bookmarking but not checking your site.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. improve firefox plugin with the tags used by the user in the past with tags he is using in present operation

Please improve your software (firefox plugin) with a field just below the field "Used last time", in wich you will show the tags that were used with each of the tags that are been placed that time by the user in the field "tags". So it is in order to make it better for the user to handle (i.e., to archive) two or more issues alternatively without have to remember wich tags he used with each issue. I made an image file (.jpg) to show you what I mean but this "ideas forum" doesn't accep images (very limited, don't you…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. A mobile application to use as a personal library manager (not like the one which are already there)

Could find some basic library management apps on Google Play. But they are of meagre quality in terms of functionalities. Suggesting an app with exhaustive and inclusive library management (for personal use - need NOT have multiple registration, exhaustive lending features, etc.).

A spec of the same (written for a website for the similar use) can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/TAALib

This may be a pointer to the features required. I'm sure people are gonna use it, if provided well and neatly.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Android App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. bore button

use it

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. create an app for Wix

I'd like to be able to showcase my Diigo library on my Wix site, using what Wix calls an app.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add the Option to Make Highlights Private by Default (while keeping the bookmarks public by default)

This has been suggested before, but I thought of adding this with more explicit detail about differentiating the privacy settings for bookmarks and highlights (and annotations). I could, of course, make everything private, but I like to share almost all bookmarks with my friends. But on the other hand, I would hardly ever want the highlights to be public.

Highlights, annotations, and bookmarks should all have separate default public/private setting.

References to similar earlier suggestions:
    http://feedback.diigo.com/forums/76211-ideas/suggestions/3592147-allow-users-to-have-all-notes-highlights-automatic

http://feedback.diigo.com/forums/76211-ideas/suggestions/1278733-have-a-way-to-always-default-to-private

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. add a ToDo list

add a ToDo list using the same developement architect but different interface and checkboxes for done todo list, fi you would like some help doing the UI Webdesign told me,

www.kingofdesigners.com

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Expand Diigo's API to include highlights

I'd love to be able to send certain highlights to IFTTT to be turned into tasks in, say, Toodledo. But Diigo's API doesn't appear to support any sharing of highlighted text, much less doing that selectively (like blue highlights become tasks or highlights with comments containing "Task")

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. import bookmark

Hi, I have importing bookmarks from past one year but have noticed that the links are not getting indexed on Google. Can you help me with the reason for the same. I tried checking all the files uploaded in past one month and shows that links are not indexed at all. If that is the case then we can stop submitting links on Diigo and switch to some other bookmarking sites. Please revert asap on my email id: m.marlon_mark@yahoo.com

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Sync notes, bookmarks and readl later with evernote

See and edit my content at evernote

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. List/indicate bookmarked pages that link to the page or site that I'm viewing

I'd love to know, when viewing a page, whether I (or other users) have bookmarked pages that link to the one I'm viewing. This helps me evaluate a service--say, a Lifehacker article reviews it. Maybe I've bookmarked the LH article, but I've arrived at the service's home page a different way, and I have no way of knowing (other than my pitiful memory) that I bookmarked a review of it.

This kind of web-of-links, from the perspective of the current page, would be FANTASTIC. It could be a list or even a visualization of pages, like Collusion or Firefox's Lightbeam.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 142 143
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base