Ideas

Welcome to Diigo Ideas Forum

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

For bug-reporting or general how-to questions, please check the right side of this page and choose “Bugs” or “How-to” forum.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  iPhone App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Domain specific sticky notes

Sometimes I would want to make a note which specific to the whole website not just for a specific url.
    For example I want to write a movie list on IMDB, but I can't see my note on every page, instead I have to navigate to the page I created the note (or to Diigo).

This feature would be a spamwar in public, so I think this feature should be available only for private notes.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Diigo group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I finaly switched to Diigo, cannot save bookmarks from the Firefox sidebar, it does not work anymore. Please add this keyword feature, it wi

I finaly switched to Diigo, cannot save bookmarks from the Firefox sidebar, it does not work anymore. Please add this keyword feature, it will be much appreciated.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add custom colors for highlighting and sticky notes

I think custom colors would be a very useful addition to the Diigo Chrome extension. I would use them a lot.

In addition, I think that currently the colors of the highlighter and of sticky notes don't match perfectly. You could probably solve both problems in one shot by implementing custom colors.

Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Chrome Extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Separate multi-word tags with a coma, not quotation marks

This is a standard way of making multi-word tags in virtually EVERY other website, meaning users EXPECT to separate tags with comas, not quotation marks. Further, creating a coma takes one keyboard stroke and is easier than creating a quotation mark, which requires two simultaneous strokes.

I find this feature so annoying I'm considering leaving diigo, despite how much I like the way it organizes my bookmarks. Would rather use a bookmarking site that I like less just to have my comas back.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a Alexa toolbar an improving alexa ranking

Hi

A small idea for improving your Alexa ranking. Alexa toolbar add in your browser and improve website Alexa ranking in India or globally. Alexa website providing many type of information of website .

---:
    1. Ranking in India or globally which are based on your website traffic
    2. Bounce rate of your website
    3. Total no of link
    4. Reference link
    5. Daily Pageviews per Visitor
    6. Daily Time on Site

I am working improvement alexa ranking for www.webkul.com. This website dealing in magento and joomla extension development. this website analytic show improvement in traffic and every think…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Google Doc annotation

it would be great if I could highlight my Google Docs (If i want to use an article from a research database)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ordenate in A-Z

Ordenate alphabetically

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Social Media

Today in this busy world, one can observe that people around you are busy with their laptops, Notebooks, smart phone and so many other equipment which are connected with internet. If you watch them all carefully, you will notice that over 90% people must be busy with all different kinds of social media like Facebook,Tweeter.Google+ and so many many other social media. These social media play a very important role to keep connect these people to their friends, family and beloved ones, almost 24/7. This is a very good change happening in the media as now everyone is connected with…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow sharing group bookmarks to main account lists

I want to share the bookmarks of a group that i've created to my library

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. is there a way to change in which order lists are displayed?

afaik, currently lists are shown on the left of the page by alphabet, can you add a feature to drag&drop lists in my prefered order or something similar that allows manual changes in the displayed lists order?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Provide additional flexibility for exporting bookmarks (individual lists or bookmarks, groups of lists or bookmarks)

It would be great to be able to export subsets of our Diigo library and to preserve any possible hierarchy. I possess several thousand bookmarks and I'd like to be able to use Diigo to help edit/organize/structure my bookmark information. It would be great to be able to preserve any hierarchical organizational structure in the library (so I guess this is an implicit request for some hierarchical structure in addition to Libraries and and lists.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. That is my idea to recycle a file deleted like in chrome application, that were a features very interesting and anytime can save life :).

That is my idea to recycle a file deleted like in chrome application, that were a features very interesting and anytime can save life :).This can to make a difference between a bad and good application.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Android App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Is there a better browser?

It http://www.sitenasilkurulur.net/en/ has banners on my website. However, some of our visitors not see banner on our website. These visitors are there no browsers on their computers or they do not use a quality browser. In this manner visitors will click banners are being lost! In fact, a significant problem for all of us! My question would be in this manner; Do you have a browser that I can upload to my website? So as a plugin the browser for websites.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Chrome Extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Hotkeys for highlighting and annotations, one for each color

I frequently use highlighting to track content in pages, using certain colors to flag primary subjects (green), and other colors to highlight details about these subjects (blue), or potential warning and pitfalls (yellow/red). My work flow would be much smoother if I could select text and use a shortcut combo to highlight the selection, rather than using my mouse to first mouse over the highlight color selector, wait a moment, and then pick out a color from the rather small color box. A shortcut for each color would be extremely useful, each action only requires two steps - "select relevant…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Chrome Extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add read mode in android application

please add read mode in android application when the user view the document like mobile browser.Because i am not able to view the full content in horizontal view so each time scroll and view the content.It is irritating one for the user.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Android App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. يا امير المؤمنين لقد أتـيـتك وما لي حيلة مما أنا فيه من الهم؟ فقال امير المؤمنين : سأسألك سؤالين وأُريد إجابتهما فقال الرجل: اسأل. فقال ام

يا امير المؤمنين لقد أتـيـتك وما لي حيلة مما أنا فيه من الهم؟

فقال امير المؤمنين :
    سأسألك سؤالين وأُريد إجابتهما
    فقال الرجل: اسأل.

فقال امير المؤمنين :
    أجئت إلى هذه الدنيا ومعك تلك المشاكل؟
    قال:لا.

فقال امير المؤمنين :
    هل ستترك الدنيا وتأخذ معك المشاكل؟
    قال : لا

فقال امير المؤمنين :
    أمرٌ لم تأتِ به، ولن يذهب معك ..