Ideas

Welcome to Diigo Ideas Forum

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

For bug-reporting or general how-to questions, please check the right side of this page and choose “Bugs” or “How-to” forum.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. enhance the look or provide custom report template with logo option

enhance the look or provide custom report template with logo option

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. *General* Highlight within an already highlighted fragment with another color.

Good thing if I could set another emphasizing color to an already highlighted annotation. Right now it returns me the error: "Selection cannot be highlighted". What I currently have to do is: <boring>Delete the main annotation, highlight until before the part I want to have another color, highlight the next fragment and set another color and keep highlighting the rest like I did before.</boring>

So much better if I could do that with an already highlighted paragraph. Notice that would work ONLY with another color, obviously.

And just in case, to do not bother us from reading/selecting (or w/e): move…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Desktop App or Program ?

I need a desktop app or program like Cinta notes, OneNote etc. Especially OneNote desktop app. Add/write something and save. When I sign in my account... sync....

And must be right click context menü option for example ''send to Diigo''

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. connect highlights in a page by Drawing a line or with internal links

Sometimes in a page I need to connect highlighted texts that refer to a common argument. Draw a line could be a "visual solution". A "textual solution" could be internal links to put in the note: clicking the link should bring to the connected highlighted text. It is like "view in my library" feature that is now present in pop-up menu under "more action" but with the peculiarity that the link take in the same web-page
    Sorry for my bad english.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Chrome Extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I think a greate way forward to recruit more user to Diigo would be ti integrate the research capabilities with Evernote. Atleast in a archi

I think a greate way forward to recruit more user to Diigo would be ti integrate the research capabilities with Evernote. Atleast in a archi

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create a desktop app that integrates cloud syncing with existing Diigo services

Organizing reading material and resources is as painful as it is necessary and extremely helpful when done properly.

Existing Diigo services do provide users with many features for personal data management as well as group-sharing.
    But as far as this specific path is concerned, I believe there is so much one can offer before running out of steam, without this meaning loss of usefulness.

In my view the next step would be a desktop application that integrates two of the most useful services available
    1) Continuous syncing between desktop files and files in the cloud
    2) The organizing features provided…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Diigo group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. can't retrieve tags or notes

This is a recurring problem for me.
    When I revisit a page and want to retrieve my notes, I click the diigo icon and it just sits there searching forever.
    If you can't even guarantee that tags and notes can be retrieved when we revisit a page, you shouldn't even be thinking about adding new functionality.
    You need to fix this problem.
    This is happening so frequently for me that I'm seriously looking for a better alternative than diigo.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Chrome Extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Android App: Allow viewing and download of cached item

Currently I am unable to view or download cached pdf's on Android that have been saved via my PC. It would be great to have an option to download or view the cached item on demand in Android. This makes sense where I have had to log in to a restricted website (e.g. ieeexplore) on my PC to access a pdf, which I subsequently cache to Diigo, and then be able to simply view the cached version on my phone without having to log in again.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Android App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I think that you should be able to search a word after the word is highlighted.

I think that you should be able to search a word after the word is highlighted. You can search a wordbefore it is highlighted, but after it is highlighted it won't let me search it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add a shortcut key to copy annotated link

Copying an annotated link to the clipboard takes too many steps, in my opinion. Would you add a shortcut key that does it all at once?

If nothing else, you could save us a step by automatically cancelling the annotated link dialog after clicking the 'copy' button, rather than requiring a click of 'Copy' then 'Cancel'. Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Have an easy way to make sticky notes stay in place and not move with you while you're scrolling

Make an easy button to make the sticky note stay in one spot and not move with you while you're scrolling. Let everyone have an option.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Chrome Extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add a date, time stamp to sticky notes in diigolet

This will make it easier to keep track of time and update notes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Title of the note only reflects the first line

Great app, just one request : PLEASE make it so that the title of the note only reflects the first line. Right now it squeezes multiple lines without even a space in between, which makes it difficult to read ! Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please put an alphabetical sort key for the libraries.

You can sort by "Last Update" and "Created". I want to sort Alphabetically.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. if you select o type a Suggested Tag and you have a List with the same name, then the List become selected.

if you select o type a Suggested Tag and you have a List with the same name, then the List become selected.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. mark part of text as read

It would be nice to be able to mark passages as "read", since I read parts of an article at one time, and then come back to it later. As it is now, I often reread unintentionally.

Because of the 2000 character limitation, simply marking the text doesn't work, and I also would not like the 'read' text to show up in my library.

Keep up the great work!!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. View Crowdsourced Highlights

An ability to see what other people have (anonymously) highlighted may be useful for popular webpages (e.g. wikipedia artical on Obama). In places where there is a lot of overlap in highlights, the color would be darker/more saturated, and lighter, where there are fewer highlights.

Thank you!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Suggest from a standard set of tags, maybe using Wikipedia API

Someone mentioned Faviki in a comment and I see that Faviki has a nice idea using Wikipedia's mature set of tags as suggested "standard" tags so a group can easily tag the same concept in the same way, rather than many slightly different tags.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 141 142
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base