Ideas

Welcome to Diigo Ideas Forum

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

For bug-reporting or general how-to questions, please check the right side of this page and choose “Bugs” or “How-to” forum.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Tag Cloud in List

Please add Tag Cloud link to see all the tags in a list (when you are on the List's page)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  My Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Data Export in different format

If data can be export in different format, and it should be linked right at main page, not in settings. then more people will be motivate to join it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. *General* Highlight within an already highlighted fragment with another color.

Good thing if I could set another emphasizing color to an already highlighted annotation. Right now it returns me the error: "Selection cannot be highlighted". What I currently have to do is: <boring>Delete the main annotation, highlight until before the part I want to have another color, highlight the next fragment and set another color and keep highlighting the rest like I did before.</boring>

So much better if I could do that with an already highlighted paragraph. Notice that would work ONLY with another color, obviously.

And just in case, to do not bother us from reading/selecting (or w/e): move…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  xie qiangxie qiang responded

Sorry for the inconvenience. We’re working to improve the UE of annotation.

4. In My Library see screen captures at Full Size, so you can read and recognise the pages.

Awesome Screenshot - When viewing "My Library", the List of Screen Shots (SS) is there. When Searching by visually looking for something not just Name or Tags, it's hard when there's a lot of items. Yes you can use Tags, but that's not always simple enough, it takes quite some time and precision Scroll from top to bottom of a List or Page and back again to locate the SS you want. Plus dizzy with the page moving all the time.

When the LIst is populated, you can't see clear detail of the SS. Especially when it's mainly writing. It's…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Chrome Extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion.
    We will make large image preview in the picture category.

5. Thumbnails when annotation slide is active.

It would be nice to have thumbnails appear and be selectable for expansion within the annotation slide. The thumbnail can be at 50% therefore when multiple images from the url were present there would be 2X2 to save space.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. List/indicate bookmarked pages that link to the page or site that I'm viewing

I'd love to know, when viewing a page, whether I (or other users) have bookmarked pages that link to the one I'm viewing. This helps me evaluate a service--say, a Lifehacker article reviews it. Maybe I've bookmarked the LH article, but I've arrived at the service's home page a different way, and I have no way of knowing (other than my pitiful memory) that I bookmarked a review of it.

This kind of web-of-links, from the perspective of the current page, would be FANTASTIC. It could be a list or even a visualization of pages, like Collusion or Firefox's Lightbeam.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We have studied a new feature called related link. When you adding a bookmark we extract the related link for you to choose.

7. in library list : add picture (thumbnail) This could help a lot/ and be a nicer design

in library list : add picture (thumbnail) This could help a lot/ and be a nicer design

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re looking into this issue.
    Thanks for the suggestion.

8. I think a greate way forward to recruit more user to Diigo would be ti integrate the research capabilities with Evernote. Atleast in a archi

I think a greate way forward to recruit more user to Diigo would be ti integrate the research capabilities with Evernote. Atleast in a archi

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. can't retrieve tags or notes

This is a recurring problem for me.
    When I revisit a page and want to retrieve my notes, I click the diigo icon and it just sits there searching forever.
    If you can't even guarantee that tags and notes can be retrieved when we revisit a page, you shouldn't even be thinking about adding new functionality.
    You need to fix this problem.
    This is happening so frequently for me that I'm seriously looking for a better alternative than diigo.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Chrome Extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Have an easy way to make sticky notes stay in place and not move with you while you're scrolling

Make an easy button to make the sticky note stay in one spot and not move with you while you're scrolling. Let everyone have an option.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Chrome Extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sounds like a good idea. We are looking into this issue.

11. Make more easy to connect each other.

Make more easy to search group or networking profile and connect easily to each other.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Diigo group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. improve firefox plugin with the tags used by the user in the past with tags he is using in present operation

Please improve your software (firefox plugin) with a field just below the field "Used last time", in wich you will show the tags that were used with each of the tags that are been placed that time by the user in the field "tags". So it is in order to make it better for the user to handle (i.e., to archive) two or more issues alternatively without have to remember wich tags he used with each issue. I made an image file (.jpg) to show you what I mean but this "ideas forum" doesn't accep images (very limited, don't you…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. fix syncing between mac

cannot sync between macs

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Quick Note for Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow better organization of each annotation!

I find it very frustrating to only be allowed to organize an entire bookmarked page to a list when I would prefer also to have the option just to add a single annotation from a page with a tag to a particular list. It seems if I am annotating all the annotations from a particular bookmark are saved in one block to my library and as an option for saving to list. It would also be nice to tag each annotation appropriately for use in whatever fashion I need later on top of the tag for the entire bookmarked page.…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  xie qiangxie qiang responded

We are currently working on diigo.com to make improvements.
    We’ll use outliner to organize and manege all items.
    I think this feature can satisfy your needs.

17. Android App: Allow viewing and download of cached item

Currently I am unable to view or download cached pdf's on Android that have been saved via my PC. It would be great to have an option to download or view the cached item on demand in Android. This makes sense where I have had to log in to a restricted website (e.g. ieeexplore) on my PC to access a pdf, which I subsequently cache to Diigo, and then be able to simply view the cached version on my phone without having to log in again.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Android App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I think that you should be able to search a word after the word is highlighted.

I think that you should be able to search a word after the word is highlighted. You can search a wordbefore it is highlighted, but after it is highlighted it won't let me search it.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  xie qiangxie qiang responded

I’m sorry to bring you trouble. But you can search the content highlighted with Meta search.

19. Data Sharer

Like App sharer we can create a new app known as Data Sharer through which mobile data can be transferred from one phone to another..!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Android App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please put an alphabetical sort key for the libraries.

You can sort by "Last Update" and "Created". I want to sort Alphabetically.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  xie qiangxie qiang responded

We are developing a new version of Diigo. Then you can organize and manage files with outliner.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base