Ideas

Welcome to Diigo Ideas Forum

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

For bug-reporting or general how-to questions, please check the right side of this page and choose “Bugs” or “How-to” forum.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Add image/screenshot option for ''Edit''

For example I added a bookmark my library. Then I wanted to edit my bookmark for add a picture/screenshot but no option for this.

Please add image/screenshot option for edit menü.

Click edit menü and open a windows. Click add image(on my computer), choose a picture and add OR click edit menü and add screenshot. Redirect a site and take a screenshot and save...

Is it possible ?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  My Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    xie qiangxie qiang responded

Now we are improving Diigo Website.
    We will consider adding this feature.
    Thanks for supporting us.

2. Private Tags: Bookmarks tagged with them are automatically marked as private

Some people (I myself included) are paranoid about forgetting to mark certain bookmarks as private and thus accidentally sharing links which may compromise personal identity/privacy. And thus I keep all bookmarks private by default. I feel this solution is a little extreme but there aren't other foolproof way.

Having this feature will help to tap on a portion of users who aren't contributing as much.

Another workaround I can think of is to make the Private checkbox more like an on/off perma tag already inside the tag box. If the user sets bookmarks to be public by default, it will…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Introduce tag synonyms

I often find myself in a situation when I have different tags names for the same thing, like PM = projectmanagement = project-management, or HDD = disk, or addon = extension = plugin, or tips = tricks = tip = trick. No matter how often I clean them they keep coming back, because I often use "popular tags" feature to apply tags by-click instead of typing them in.

The problem comes to bite later when I try to search by tag. I have to try different possible synonyms to find the entry I need.

Having synonyms built in, like an…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  My Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Tag Cloud expanded by default when adding a bookmark

Please add an option/setting such that the drop-down list of tags are already expanded whenever you click on save.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Firefox Add-On/Toolbar Must Be Change

I'm using Diigo Toolbar on Firefox but I don't like it because it s a toolbar. Still I m using a bookmarks bar and diigo !!! Too much space!! I think it must be like the other add ons(icon based) ????

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  xie qiangxie qiang responded

We are considering to improve Firefox toolbar.
    Thanks for the suggestion

6. sub-folder of your operating system.

he idea is that you could organise your selection of bookmarks, like you can in a selected folder and sub-folder of your operating system.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  xie qiangxie qiang responded

We will use outliner to manage and organize items. The new version will be released in recent months.

7. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Create the ability to scan the desktops current bookmarks and import them into diigo

I have heaps of historic bookmarks on my desktop that i would like to import into diigo. It would b egret if you had a feature that would scan them and add them.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Domain specific sticky notes

Sometimes I would want to make a note which specific to the whole website not just for a specific url.
    For example I want to write a movie list on IMDB, but I can't see my note on every page, instead I have to navigate to the page I created the note (or to Diigo).

This feature would be a spamwar in public, so I think this feature should be available only for private notes.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Diigo group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Draggable, Droppable Interface for Ease of Use

A drag and drop interface, similarly to Evernote's, to better manage bookmarks, lists, tags, etc. (Or like Kippt)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We will use outliner to manage and organize items. The new version will be released in recent months.

11. windows stand alone app or program

Have you consider the posibility to build up a windows stand alone app? it would be great for such an specialized service to expand your idea to the professional / executive market, supporting features like: offline working environment, compatibility with MS Office, encryption of data, private networking capabilities, etc. I think of a service like BOX, but with annotation capabilities like yours. I think they are doing great on the professional market.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Improve mobile workflow : Mobile format for My Library

Hi there, I would like to use Diigo as I currently use Pocket, since it has more functionalities than Pocket. BUT : There is no easy way to access my "read later" bookmarks from my iPhone's browser or Diigo Browser app. "My library" still has a desktop only interface, making it almost impossible to use. One quick and easy step would be to have a mobile view for "My Library"

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iPhone App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. organized folders

we should have folders for everythings and put it in the folder that that one goes in and you can name the folders

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Currently you can use the list function instead.
    We are developing a new organization that will be released within a few months.

14. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Chrome Extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow sharing of My Library Lists to Groups

I just enrolled, bought a Premium memberships, and spent a bunch of time building a Library. I expected to be able to share the Library with my Groups, or at least share Lists. I don't see how to do that. Am I making an error? It seems like the most logical use of the site, and a big advantage over using browser bookmarks. It looks like I would need to re-input all the URLs in the Group. Is that right? Let me know if I'm missing something. If not, please add this feature.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Diigo group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow users to set a domain where highlighting and markup are disabled

I'd like to be able to set domains where the diigo plugin is not active.. IE we use a hosted accounting system and having the plugin active just makes it difficult to use the system, and I have no need to use it there.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Chrome Extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Send automatically a copy of annotation to email id set as default in personal setings. this will save time for users and backup too.

Send automatically a copy of annotation to email id set as default in personal settings. this will save time for users and they will have a backup too.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow an "add resource to section" dropdown menu within a list

Currently you have to drag and drop a resource under a section heading in a list, which is cumbersome if you have a long list. Could you create an "add to section" dropdown menu?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  xie qiangxie qiang responded

We are looking into this issue.
    Thanks for the suggestion.

19. Allowing html

Make more cypyting more easy

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When I add sticky notes through the Chrome extension it defaults the sticky not to "private", which is fine, but in actuality, when I look a

When I add sticky notes through the Chrome extension it defaults the sticky not to "private", which is fine, but in actuality, when I look at my bookmarks without being logged in I can see that the sticky note is public. There is no way to edit the public/private setting of sticky notes that appear in an annotated list. Can we have our links public, but our sticky notes private?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Chrome Extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base