Ideas

Welcome to Diigo Ideas Forum

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

For bug-reporting or general how-to questions, please check the right side of this page and choose “Bugs” or “How-to” forum.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add the Option to Make Highlights Private by Default (while keeping the bookmarks public by default)

This has been suggested before, but I thought of adding this with more explicit detail about differentiating the privacy settings for bookmarks and highlights (and annotations). I could, of course, make everything private, but I like to share almost all bookmarks with my friends. But on the other hand, I would hardly ever want the highlights to be public.

Highlights, annotations, and bookmarks should all have separate default public/private setting.

References to similar earlier suggestions:
    http://feedback.diigo.com/forums/76211-ideas/suggestions/3592147-allow-users-to-have-all-notes-highlights-automatic

http://feedback.diigo.com/forums/76211-ideas/suggestions/1278733-have-a-way-to-always-default-to-private

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Chrome Extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  xie qiangxie qiang responded

We are improving the organization and management of diigo items. We will consider adding the feature your suggest.

2. add a ToDo list

add a ToDo list using the same developement architect but different interface and checkboxes for done todo list, fi you would like some help doing the UI Webdesign told me,

www.kingofdesigners.com

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  My Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How many people bookmarked this site,link etc. ? Show it in my bookmarks.

When I add/bookmarked a site - show how many people bookmarked this site in my library like hot bookmarks. (Optionally enable/disable this feature in settings)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  My Outliner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Email users if your privacy policy changes

Please amend your privacy policy to *email* users if "we are going to use users' personally identifiable information in a manner materially different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify by posting a notice on our Web site for 30 days."

This is much more forthcoming than just posting a notice on your site. I sometimes go for weeks, bookmarking but not checking your site.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow opening of multiple pages simultaneously

Allow multiselect of search results so that opening of multiple pages simultaneously can be performed.

Maybe also allow for batch operations like editing tags or delete, with the multiselect.

For a simple and elegant way to do this, please refer to the @Delicious extension in the Chrome Store.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Chrome Extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. A mobile application to use as a personal library manager (not like the one which are already there)

Could find some basic library management apps on Google Play. But they are of meagre quality in terms of functionalities. Suggesting an app with exhaustive and inclusive library management (for personal use - need NOT have multiple registration, exhaustive lending features, etc.).

A spec of the same (written for a website for the similar use) can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/TAALib

This may be a pointer to the features required. I'm sure people are gonna use it, if provided well and neatly.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Android App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sync with firefox Book mark .

please make button for Sync with firefox Book mark .

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. open all Bookmark in folder or tag

please create an option for open all Book mark with same tag or in folder

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. export bookmark to firefox format

export bookmark to firefox format.or sync with firefox bookmark .

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Design a mobile native U/I to make the U/X better.

We need a native mobile U/I. Not considering functionality improvements fifths diigo app simple media queries for screen sizes need to happen. Preferably I would rather not have to zoom in and out to review my library. A jQuery slide function for the left menu would be nice temporary solution. I think the look of the list when you press the diigo icon to bring up my library, read letter, etc... Is a good start to the design.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iPhone App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add a (paid) premium education version with 20 private gps & 5 public. The limits in Diigo 6 (3 priv / 1 pub) will ruin our use of Diigo

The limit of 3 private and 1 public group in Diigo 6 for education ruins our use of Diigo. Some of our teachers need up to 20 groups (15 for classes and 5 to work with colleagues).

I suggest that a Premium Education Edition be brought out at, perhaps, $10 per teacher per year. Without this we may have to abandon Diigo altogether.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Create a desktop app that integrates cloud syncing with existing Diigo services

Organizing reading material and resources is as painful as it is necessary and extremely helpful when done properly.

Existing Diigo services do provide users with many features for personal data management as well as group-sharing.
    But as far as this specific path is concerned, I believe there is so much one can offer before running out of steam, without this meaning loss of usefulness.

In my view the next step would be a desktop application that integrates two of the most useful services available
    1) Continuous syncing between desktop files and files in the cloud
    2) The organizing features provided…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Diigo group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Create a share extension for Pocket

So that we can share links from Pocket to Diigo

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Translate Diigo in french

How can i help you to translate Diigo in french ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Tag Cloud in List

Please add Tag Cloud link to see all the tags in a list (when you are on the List's page)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Data Export in different format

If data can be export in different format, and it should be linked right at main page, not in settings. then more people will be motivate to join it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. *General* Highlight within an already highlighted fragment with another color.

Good thing if I could set another emphasizing color to an already highlighted annotation. Right now it returns me the error: "Selection cannot be highlighted". What I currently have to do is: <boring>Delete the main annotation, highlight until before the part I want to have another color, highlight the next fragment and set another color and keep highlighting the rest like I did before.</boring>

So much better if I could do that with an already highlighted paragraph. Notice that would work ONLY with another color, obviously.

And just in case, to do not bother us from reading/selecting (or w/e): move…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  xie qiangxie qiang responded

Sorry for the inconvenience. We’re working to improve the UE of annotation.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base