Ideas

Welcome to Diigo Ideas Forum

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

For bug-reporting or general how-to questions, please check the right side of this page and choose “Bugs” or “How-to” forum.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Outliners

In the outliners, the color pop-up is showing when selecting text but it is impossible to highlight that text.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  My Outliner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bookmarking Of Diigo Website

Diigo is the best bookmarking website, which is collect all information provides of pepole.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  My Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Have more color choices when highlighting.

When you have more that 4 different ideas you want to highlight, you can't because there are only 4 colors.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Creativity Idea for child

To develop the creativity in children we organized a fancy dress competition in our school.You can also do this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Diigo group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. kids to set your goal you pick ticket to match your goal and then you learn that you could go out there and get your product for free by ref

kids to set your goal you pick ticket to match your goal and then you learn that you could go out there and get your product for free by referring three people to the challenge with you well what other things you might not know is that by Sale’s is going to pay someone for those referrals so let's say you did go out there are for those three people well here's an important question how many of you guys would like that money that's being paid for referrals to go to you rather than the person who referred you…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. FIX website caching machine

Sometimes cached page can't load some images, CSS files, javascript and other media. Please fix it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  My Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. groups restriction

The number of groups members can have been reduced drastically. I do realize that groups would be creating a lot of spam and it is necessary to dissuade members from abusing them but the fact that the number of groups has been reduced to very few has caught me off guard and maybe some other users of Diigo as well.

Alternate approach that will help in keeping the spammers at bay yet offer the feature to uses across all plans is that if a group is dormant for a particular length of time say 30 days the group is archived…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Chrome Extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow unlimited number of tags per link

Granted, I'm unsure why you limited tagging in the first place so it may not be a viable idea. But I personally use many tags when tagging bookmarks for things such as fiction links and the like. Having a limit of twenty tags per link is a bit frustrating for me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. create an app for Wix

I'd like to be able to showcase my Diigo library on my Wix site, using what Wix calls an app.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add the Option to Make Highlights Private by Default (while keeping the bookmarks public by default)

This has been suggested before, but I thought of adding this with more explicit detail about differentiating the privacy settings for bookmarks and highlights (and annotations). I could, of course, make everything private, but I like to share almost all bookmarks with my friends. But on the other hand, I would hardly ever want the highlights to be public.

Highlights, annotations, and bookmarks should all have separate default public/private setting.

References to similar earlier suggestions:
    http://feedback.diigo.com/forums/76211-ideas/suggestions/3592147-allow-users-to-have-all-notes-highlights-automatic

http://feedback.diigo.com/forums/76211-ideas/suggestions/1278733-have-a-way-to-always-default-to-private

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  xie qiangxie qiang responded

We are improving the organization and management of diigo items. We will consider adding the feature your suggest.

13. add a ToDo list

add a ToDo list using the same developement architect but different interface and checkboxes for done todo list, fi you would like some help doing the UI Webdesign told me,

www.kingofdesigners.com

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. How many people bookmarked this site,link etc. ? Show it in my bookmarks.

When I add/bookmarked a site - show how many people bookmarked this site in my library like hot bookmarks. (Optionally enable/disable this feature in settings)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  My Outliner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Email users if your privacy policy changes

Please amend your privacy policy to *email* users if "we are going to use users' personally identifiable information in a manner materially different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify by posting a notice on our Web site for 30 days."

This is much more forthcoming than just posting a notice on your site. I sometimes go for weeks, bookmarking but not checking your site.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow opening of multiple pages simultaneously

Allow multiselect of search results so that opening of multiple pages simultaneously can be performed.

Maybe also allow for batch operations like editing tags or delete, with the multiselect.

For a simple and elegant way to do this, please refer to the @Delicious extension in the Chrome Store.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. A mobile application to use as a personal library manager (not like the one which are already there)

Could find some basic library management apps on Google Play. But they are of meagre quality in terms of functionalities. Suggesting an app with exhaustive and inclusive library management (for personal use - need NOT have multiple registration, exhaustive lending features, etc.).

A spec of the same (written for a website for the similar use) can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/TAALib

This may be a pointer to the features required. I'm sure people are gonna use it, if provided well and neatly.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Android App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base