Ideas

Welcome to Diigo Ideas Forum

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

For bug-reporting or general how-to questions, please check the right side of this page and choose “Bugs” or “How-to” forum.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Cut back on the Captcha

Hi there. Understand why you might want to use captcha once per session with the bookmarking extension but I'm getting them every 4 bookmarks on average. It even starts with them. This is a bit ridiculous and makes using diigo cumbersome. Please cut back the captchas.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Chrome Extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create bibliographical references in APA and MLA style from websites

I think it'd be great to get Diigo to generate references for all the sites saved in my lists. I use Diigo for research purposes and that's a feature that it will certainly come in handy. Other services such as Citelighter offer this possibility. It can save a lot of time.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. To be able to use commands like "control B" for BOLD. Used to be able to in Chrome, but no longer works. To do this via Ext and Online.

To be able to use commands like "control B" for BOLD. Used to be able to in Chrome, but no longer works. To do this via Ext and Online.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make Diigo available off line for kindle fire

I Love Diigo. I have a Kindle Fire. But off line I have to use ink pad. Can you make it so I can use Diigo off line.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bookmark in related list

Always submit your bookmark in related list and get Diigo's best benefit.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. educational games

diigo is for people teaching other people but what of diigo can teach too.
    with games.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. When I add sticky notes through the Chrome extension it defaults the sticky not to "private", which is fine, but in actuality, when I look a

When I add sticky notes through the Chrome extension it defaults the sticky not to "private", which is fine, but in actuality, when I look at my bookmarks without being logged in I can see that the sticky note is public. There is no way to edit the public/private setting of sticky notes that appear in an annotated list. Can we have our links public, but our sticky notes private?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Chrome Extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. That is my idea to recycle a file deleted like in chrome application, that were a features very interesting and anytime can save life :).

That is my idea to recycle a file deleted like in chrome application, that were a features very interesting and anytime can save life :).This can to make a difference between a bad and good application.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Android App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add custom colors for highlighting and sticky notes

I think custom colors would be a very useful addition to the Diigo Chrome extension. I would use them a lot.

In addition, I think that currently the colors of the highlighter and of sticky notes don't match perfectly. You could probably solve both problems in one shot by implementing custom colors.

Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Chrome Extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow anyone to see highlighted text in the article if the bookmark is set at public.

Allow anyone to see highlighted text in the article if the bookmark is set at public.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Semantic tag groups with hierarchy for tags

Something missing in Diigo is the possibility to group tags by semantics and organise them hierarchically. Both would be useful when applying tags to a content.
    For example, if I want to bookmark a cake recipe, my first tag would be "cake", but diigo would suggest me all the tags from the group "Food", like "food", "meat", "vegetables" or "sugar", and because "cake" is hierarchically lower than the tag "food" itself, "food" would be inserted automatically along my other tags.
    With that, I could get the recipe later using ether "cake" or "food"Say I've defined a group "design-related", which contain…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Iphone app

Iphone app to synk with browser based app.... i.e. create a note on desktop computer and open later in iphone and vice versa, I would join premium service for sure!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank for the suggestion.
    We will add new feature that allow our people to view, edit, add notes on diigo iphone/ipad browser and sync with desktop browser.

16. Add a Alexa toolbar an improving alexa ranking

Hi

A small idea for improving your Alexa ranking. Alexa toolbar add in your browser and improve website Alexa ranking in India or globally. Alexa website providing many type of information of website .

---:
    1. Ranking in India or globally which are based on your website traffic
    2. Bounce rate of your website
    3. Total no of link
    4. Reference link
    5. Daily Pageviews per Visitor
    6. Daily Time on Site

I am working improvement alexa ranking for www.webkul.com. This website dealing in magento and joomla extension development. this website analytic show improvement in traffic and every think…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. allow publishing large collections with individual folders by manually assigning grafics and/or templates to folders

WHAT:
    It was geat to see all bookmarks of my topic (i.e. folder) "traveling" as an individual webpage with some beach/see/vacation/sun pictures while my car related bookmarks should be shown with a template using racing/car/street pictures. Same for programming related, health topic related and music topic related bookmarks.

If shared, ideally these folder pages could be embedded in my or other homepages.

HOW:
    Of course it's not possible automatically to assign templates and individually uploaded pictures to topics/folders, but this could be done by users manually on those folders where the standard template is not wanted. If you provide a…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Diigo group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. for shared bookmarks, allow visitors to give hints for outdated links to owner

Visitors (without login) should be able to give notice to the bookmark collection owner if a specific link is outdated. Easiest way: Just provide a button "report as outdated" below each link.
    For users, provide an "outdated report" collection these kind of messages, along with a list of affected bookmarks and an option to edit/delete those.
    Later on, if you maybe provide an automated link check option, this report could be used as well.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Diigo group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Google Doc annotation

it would be great if I could highlight my Google Docs (If i want to use an article from a research database)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ordenate in A-Z

Ordenate alphabetically

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)