Ideas

Welcome to Diigo Ideas Forum

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

For bug-reporting or general how-to questions, please check the right side of this page and choose “Bugs” or “How-to” forum.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Title of the note only reflects the first line

Great app, just one request : PLEASE make it so that the title of the note only reflects the first line. Right now it squeezes multiple lines without even a space in between, which makes it difficult to read ! Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show Diigo results alongside Google results in Firefox like in Chrome

What you do in the Chrome extension ( https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/diigo-web-collector-captu/oojbgadfejifecebmdnhhkbhdjaphole ), showing Diigo results alongside Google ones is incredibly useful.

I would love to have this in Firefox too, my prefered browser.

I'm a premium user, if it can help… ;-)

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  xie qiangxie qiang responded

Now we are improving Firefox extension.
    Thanks for supporting us.

3. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. if you select o type a Suggested Tag and you have a List with the same name, then the List become selected.

if you select o type a Suggested Tag and you have a List with the same name, then the List become selected.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Chrome Extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I love, love, love Quick Note - it's compact and super searchable, making it so easy to find the note you're looking for. My idea? Please ma

I love, love, love Quick Note - it's compact and super searchable, making it so easy to find the note you're looking for.

My idea? Please make a desktop version that has our notes quickly available offline, yet sync'd with the web version. That would truly rock my world. :)

- LeRoi

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Diigo group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  xie qiangxie qiang responded

We are developing the desktop app of Awesome Screenshot now. After released we‘ll consider making desktop app for Quick Note.
    Thanks for supporting us.

6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Could we have the option to move our markups or pics out from the original location to a folder for the remainder.

I like what Diigo has to offer for a companies like mine...NO BRAINER to pay the $40 for unlimited markups!!! I will continue to refer Diigo!

Just 2 requests;

(1) It could only behoove everyone to have the chance to move our markups or pics out from the original location to a folder for the remainder. This will clean up any clutter that does not need to show on the front page.

(2) Also it would be nice if we could "Drag & Drop" so we could align our markups and pics. This would really help me stay organized... whether…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. View Crowdsourced Highlights

An ability to see what other people have (anonymously) highlighted may be useful for popular webpages (e.g. wikipedia artical on Obama). In places where there is a lot of overlap in highlights, the color would be darker/more saturated, and lighter, where there are fewer highlights.

Thank you!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Chrome Extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enhance the import tool with mass-tagging features.

When a user imports from the old-school browser bookmarks, they'll need to add tags to those links. You should implement tools that lets the user step through every link they import and tag it as they go. The tool will show the title, bookmark folder path, link, and maybe even a thumbnail of the website the link points to. It will have an easy "next" keyboard shortcut to facilitate quick tagging. Everytime the user goes "next", the cursor is already at the "tag" field box ready to type to minimize mouse clicks and keystrokes per link. It will also have…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  My Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  xie qiangxie qiang responded

We’re looking into this issue. Thanks for supporting us.

10. subsequent saves (updates) does not update notes or comments in existing groups or lists

This is a problem in both the Firefox Diigo Toolbar Addon and the Chrome Diigo extension:

When re-editing (existing) bookmarks, changing notes, correcting title, etc., those changes does not propagate into the groups or lists that were part of the original/first save. After saving, one has to visit the online user library, edit it, manually select the same groups/lists, and save, and only then is the changes reflected. Then, one has to go to the original groups and delete the initial comment because now there are two (partially) duplicate notes there.

I suggest adding a tick mark for update (all)…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Suggest from a standard set of tags, maybe using Wikipedia API

Someone mentioned Faviki in a comment and I see that Faviki has a nice idea using Wikipedia's mature set of tags as suggested "standard" tags so a group can easily tag the same concept in the same way, rather than many slightly different tags.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  My Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. allow sorting this ideas list by number of votes

So that I can quickly see which ideas (like mine) are popular already

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. enable tagging and listing in ipad diigo (just like the safari extension does)

diigo ipad app fails to tag and list even though options for both are available under the edit bookmark. all entries are lost as soon as u click save. have to go to library and reenter evrytinme for every bookmark. needs double work. please rectify.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iPad App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Android App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bookmark all open tabs at once.

I'd like to bookmark all open tabs at once. It will be very useful as i first mark the pages and then read them when i do a research.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Delete and replace tags on multiple bookmark (bulk editing)

After selecting multiple bookmarks I'd like to be able to delete or replace a tag that is present on all of them (intersection in set theory speak).
    Delicious has this and it's very useful to reorganize your bookmarks.

I suppose it could go on the More Actions > Revise tags when in bulk/multiple selection mode.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  My Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. add Higher Education category

Please add a category for Education - Higher Education (currently there are only "Schools and Education" and "Education K12") but these worlds are different.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Limitations - more upfront about it!

You say we cant add more files to our account without upgrading. We deleted files to make room but you still insist we cant upload anymore! Would have been nice to know that before we deleted files.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. nested, nested nested!

nested tags, please! and along the same lines, nested Lists.... that's what keeps me from totally jumping on board...

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Diigo group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Share links for others websits

we could share any posts or links for many socialmedias like googel+ or facebook

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base