Ideas

Welcome to Diigo Ideas Forum

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

For bug-reporting or general how-to questions, please check the right side of this page and choose “Bugs” or “How-to” forum.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Add mobile site for iPhone

It is hard to use the Diigo site on iPhone, and since the iPhone App does not allow to edit bookmarks it is needed to do this in the browser. Alternatively the bookmarklet for iPhone should allow setting private and tags.

I noticed the full featured diigolet seems to work on iPhone, there is just no bookmarkable URL (help page describes button drag and drop in safari which does not work on iPhone)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Replace floppy disk icon with Diigo icon

I haven't noticed this before, but obviously we get a floppy disk icon on some web pages that we might be interested in saving to Diigo. I'd like that floppy disk icon replaced by a Diigo icon. A few minutes ago a page popped up on my screen that I wanted to close, but instead I saved it by mistake and it ended up in my public directory. Not want I wanted x 2, since it was related to adult material I neither want in my private nor public link library. A better icon would be good for situations like…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Optional always on

The highlights and such should be always on, or at least give us an option to do so without the bar always visible.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Chrome Extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo responded

We will roll out the new version in a few days. We will send you a beta version via email to get feedback. When you right-click on the diigo icon and go to the option tab, please select “Pop up highlight button when there is text selection on any page”,you can make highlights directly by
    selecting any text on any page.

4. Advanced Search

Diigo is a great and must have tool for Heavy Web browsing. But it still lack couple of features like

Advanced Search.

Following are the Features i would suggest that Advanced Search should support:
    1: SYNONIM support - which allows the user to find something even if misspelled the word.
    2. Auto complete - Search should try to complete the words as you type(Depending upon the content being
    indexed/Cached by Diigo); can saves lots of time.
    3. Instant Result: Just like Google Instant, it will be great if the results can change as you type.
    4. Search Functionality within Extension:…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Off-line work in iPad

I think the iPad app will be far more useful if you could is off-line. That is: being able to read a cached version of the pages off-line and to highlight and comment it off-line too. Later, when a connection is available, the app will sync with diigo to keep all the annotations and highlights in the cloud.

88 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  iPad App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Read it Later like button in Firefox

Have a more simple button near the browser address bar so that its easier to make something read it later.
    see http://readitlaterlist.com/

you get the idea, it is so easy that way and so clean and smooth.

have a cooler extension which are really sharp and stylish.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. http://videocash1.blogspot.com/

Music video by Britney Spears performing Hold It Against Me. (C) 2011 JIVE Records, a unit of Sony Music Entertainment
    151713 понравилось, 35095 не

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Proper Toolbar like in FireFox

I would like to see a firefox like toolbar for chrome. I am now chrome user, and the firefox toolbar was MUCH better !!!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Chrome Extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Clean the database. Remove public items created by and associated with users who no longer exist.

There are tons of public sticky notes in particular strewn about the web created by users who were playing around with diigo and apparently didn't like it. It's like digital littering along diigo's streets and avenues. Most of us would love to see useful public notes rather than the common bathroom-graffiti-style dialog: "this is neat"; "you're a moron this is a public note"; "yea"; "oh god, how do i remove it?"; "an hero now".

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo responded

Thanks for your suggestion. It is added to out to-do list. We will bury them later.

11. How do I delete ALL bookmarks at once? This is impossibly difficult.

how do i delete ALL bookmarks at once. i cant find it on safari IE chrome firefox any toolbar any extension. this is impossibly difficult.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix the bug where it says no new or updated stuff when there is something new in that group

There is a bug! It says no new or updated stuff when there is in that group!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Diigo group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enable the ability to tag annotations separately from the main bookmark to separate distinct ideas

Articles usually make multiple points, for example might make five different recommendations for one topic. Being able to tag these five annotations separately would allow the ability to find a cross section of similar ideas within articles.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Import from ReadItLaterList.com

Like probably many others, I discovered diigo's "Read Later Fast" Firefox extension when searching for the 'Read It Later' extension. It would be great to transition from ReadItLater to Diigo by importing a RIL list.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Auto save

This is the second time when I went to go save my note, the site crashed. First time somehow it had saved my notes. Second time I lost an hour worth of notes. This kind of failure makes me think twice abt going pro and using diigo really seriously in the future.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Implement to Firefox Awesome bar

Diigo is doing fine but it still needs lacks implementation. One striking side is that it misses search bookmarks directly from Firefox awesome bar (address bar). Delicious does have this great feature that is very handy to reach my bookmarks.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. mailing of bookmarks to other users of own network

It would be good if users can send, interesting bookmarks to users of their network, with a note

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. xat and people to agree

a similar facebook xat, and a option to agregate important people hwo utilizes diigo tecnology.
    and another button to send the text you want, if you want, to your mail.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Get started with the NOKIA Series 40 web apps.

Guys get started with Series 40 web apps.
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/Develop/Web/Series_40_web_apps/
    With Ovi Browser support for Series 40 web apps, the Ovi Browser client can execute JavaScript code in web apps. This code makes it possible to create interactive user interfaces and graphical transitions to deliver users beautiful web experiences.
    Traditionally, proxy-based browsing has offered users a very limited experience, because such browsers typically do nothing more than paint content provided by a proxy. This has changed, now using Mobile Web Library; the Ovi Browser client can execute JavaScript code in web apps.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base