Ideas

Welcome to Diigo Ideas Forum

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

For bug-reporting or general how-to questions, please check the right side of this page and choose “Bugs” or “How-to” forum.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Make Diigo Sidebar Delicious

Make the Diigo Sidebar 2 -tiered so that I can browse my Tags in a top window and see the links for a tag in the bottom window and acces a link directly from there . . . just like in delicious.

426 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    27 comments  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support favicons

If favicons of the sites that we are bookmarking can be used in some places that would be nice/functional. In a long list of bookmarks it is easier to find the link you are looking for

285 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Drop Down for Currently Used Tags

It would be great feature, if Diigo offers a Drop Down menu of all the Tags currently in Use. I think at the moment it only offers the Auto Complete option for the Tags.

I will allow better use of all the existing tags without creating new ones everytime.

227 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Auto-tagging

I find it painfully time consuming to tag my annotations whether from the toolbar or the website. It would help if a dialog box would pop up every time I highlight something, letting me tag it. I realize that this would bug some people so you could create a settings option to turn it off, or make it 'once per webpage' instead of every time. It's more efficient than having to go and tag things after the fact like I'm doing today with almost a hundred highlighted pages that I never tagged.

145 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Integrate Zotero references in Diigo

Use Zotero references and upload them to Diigo via synchronization with comments and tags and attachements (PDFs, Images, links, etc)

92 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Right-click bookmarks in sidebar to edit

Similar to Delicious sidebar, you should be able to right-click (context click) a bookmark in the sidebar and choose 'properties' (or similar) and edit the title, link address, notes etc.

83 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Search with Google instead of Diigo+Google (Google Custom Search)

I'm a very heavy user of the now mostly abandoned feature to search for the highlighted text via the Diigo context menu. I understand there were technical issues with the previous version, but can you please bring back the option to just search with regular Google, rather than the Diigo+Google combination you use now? I have other Firefox extensions that enhance my Google search results page but none of them work with the custom search page. Of course, a return of the previous functionality would be even better, but I'd be happy just with Google. It's a feature I'd be…

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Increase toolbar bookmark limit and sorting options

Right now I'm using the Firefox toolbar extension and no matter what I do it will only display a maximum of 20 bookmarks in a folder on the toolbar or in the sidebar extension. Please increase this number! I can understand limiting the toolbar display, though I don't like it. If anything, allow the sidebar to show ALL bookmarks, not just the first 20 it comes upon.

I'd also like to see sorting methods to apply to the smart folders: Alphabetical, Newest First, Most Visited. The latter is absolutely necessary for me, especially with such a limited number displaying.

The…

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. URL "shortcuts"

I little known feature of delicious are "shortcuts" (also known as "keyword"). Basically, you can make up a quick alias like "docs" for google docs, or "ymail" for yahoo mail, etc.

Your favorite sites are just a phrase away. :-)

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. allow thumbnails in my bookmarks, similar to delicious.

I'm an extremely visual person and need thumbnails to tell my bookmarks apart. Delicious does this by adding the web icon. Please do the same. It would be an immense help!

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Quick button to access My library

I would like to access My Library with one click of a button. Right now I have to go through a pull down menu

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Implement to Firefox Awesome bar

Diigo is doing fine but it still needs lacks implementation. One striking side is that it misses search bookmarks directly from Firefox awesome bar (address bar). Delicious does have this great feature that is very handy to reach my bookmarks.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. make Diigolet work with NoScript on Firefox

make Diigolet work like Instapaper's Read Later bookmarklet. Diigolet doesn't work with NoScript on Firefox if the domain name currently visited has JavaScript disabled

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Tag drill-down (offering proper tags to narrow the search)

On Delicious I loved their tag tree, where I could "expand" the entered tag to see which tags can I use to narrow the search. So even when I did not remember how exactly I tagged the item, I could enter some generic tag and see which other tags I used to distinguish it.

Would be nice to have sth similar on Diigo.

It would suffice if - after I entered the first tag in the filter - Diigo offered list or cloud of related tags (those tags which are present on some pages bookmarked with the first tag).

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. How do I delete ALL bookmarks at once? This is impossibly difficult.

how do i delete ALL bookmarks at once. i cant find it on safari IE chrome firefox any toolbar any extension. this is impossibly difficult.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. make adding a bookmark to a list easier

When the "Add a Bookmark to Diigo" window pops up, the "Add to a List" option is hidden under "More Options". It requires 2 extra clicks to get to the List dropdown menu.

Lists in Diigo are actually like folders in a browser's bookmark organizer. So this is really inconvenient for anyone who likes to organize their bookmarks. (Yes, Tags could potentially act like folders. However, Diigo Sidebar doesn't show a menu of existing Tags. You have to type the Tag out, which makes it impractical.)

I think having a List dropdown menu readily accessable on the "Add a Bookmark…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Improve firefox toolbar usability

A few small tweaks to the firefox toolbar would go a long way.

Make the big Diigo Icon on the main navigation bar into a two-part button. Pressing the D would open the toolbar in one click. Pressing the arrow would open the drop down menu. (middle clicking could add a bookmark).

Have the icon change when a page is already bookmarked. (and also if there are comments etc.. )

Right now I tend to have the toolbar always closed, and the two click process for showing it is much less convenient than the one click for Stumbleupon.

(option to…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add a list tag dictionary and remember previous tag options

The new "group tag dictionary) is a nice idea. I really like it. Can we have the same for lists? Lists already have tags assigned, so there's a good chance we might want to add list tags to list bookmarks.

Also, it would be nice to have a way to keep the "more options" section open. It seems to close each session - so i always have to open it.

(if other users have tagged the page then you could also include an "other people have tagged" section of tags too)

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. pick a tag, then "open in tabs"

so if I have 7 links with a certain tag, I can open 7 tabs - one for each link - with just one click...

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base