Ideas

Welcome to Diigo Ideas Forum

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

For bug-reporting or general how-to questions, please check the right side of this page and choose “Bugs” or “How-to” forum.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Organise your bookmark list like yours os, in differents folders

The idea is that you could organise your selection of bookmarks, like you can in a selected folder and sub-folder of your operating system. EX List (music) in différents folders (classic, rock, ...)

2,024 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    247 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo responded

Thanks for all inputs.We are spearing no efforts to make Diigo 6.0 available soon. We are working on a brand-new way to organize items. You can use hierarchy system in a new way. it is also super easy to re-order items’ structure. Please stay tuned.

2. To have a tags bundle option (like in delicous)

The only feature that delicious has and that I regret Diigo hasn't

1,189 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  70 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Color-code tags

Add ability to color-code tags, similar to gmail's labels.

715 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Integrate citation and bibliography features according to accepted formatting standards

Diigo is a great tool for collecting information, in order to be more useful in the academia, it should offer creation of bibliography and citations according to accepted formatting rules used in journals and publications. Tools that already have these features and somewhat overlap with Diigo are for instance Mendeley, Endnote Web or NoodleBib.

684 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Power users feature: Filters

This might not be useful for all, and it's probably a "maybe later" feature. But Gmail style filters would be really useful.

Eg:

If tagged A and B but not C, add to list L1 and submit to group G3
    If tagged F and unread, add to list L3.
    If tagged G and H and read, add to list L4, add tags T1 and T2, submit to Twitter and Submit to blog.

664 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  23 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve the API and documentation

Having a decent powerful API allows other people to make extensions and code for your site, integrate it into their sites and applications, and generally make your service better for free.

But I found that most of the cool ideas I had couldn't be implemented using the current API. I might have been going about things wrong, but authentication, search and ping limits seemed to make anything other than grabbing basic data very hard.

Some form of authentication key would be very useful.
    Changing ping limits from 1 every few seconds to something more flexible like 20 per minute or…

576 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  19 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. hierarchy tags

I have multiple related tags that I would like to relate under a common tag.
    something similar to gmail folders:
    X / bla
    X / bla2
    Y / bla3
    this way would be easier to categorize items.

491 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Semantic, User-Defined Relationships Among Tagged Items (i.e. Linked Data)

All tagged items could be linked together through semantic relationships such as: "evidence for", "argument against", "relies on", etc. This could potentially culminate in a concept map mode—displaying the web of connections around particular tagged items.

398 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 281 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    57 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo responded

Currently we do not have this kind of plan. As the fast development of diigo, it will be on our schedule. If help is needed, would you help us in translation? We’d appreciate your kind help.

10. 196 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo responded

Currently group doesn’t support cached pages.We will support it later.Diigo will support the exporting of contents
    in rich formats,including bookmarks &annotations and cached pages.The export will be in a zip format Along with that,we will develop client for desktop.
    You can view these contents offline.
    Anyway,our goal is" collect everything,access anywhere". Your data are safe all the time.

11. More tag editing options

Would really appreciate the ability to do mass editing of tags, it's easy enough to add new tags, and replace all tags with new ones but no easy way to remove tags.

May I suggest you add a new feature under 'Revise Tags' to do a search and replace / remove, but instead of searching you list all tags and allow the user to CTRL + Click the relevant tags, then either remove or replace (with either a single tag or multiple)

Great service btw :)

160 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. increase the character limit for link descriptions. (Make it match delicious, man.)

1000 Characters, minimum. Right now, all my delicious imports are being chopped off, which is going to mean a LOT of work on my end.

120 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Expand Notes Into 'Sandbox' Wiki-Style Pages (Full Text Editor and Tagged-Item Hyperlinking)

Another way to re-contextualize your data. Essentially, notes would have wiki-level functionality (whether private or collaborative) and drag-and-drop or auto-complete-as-you-type access to your entire database of tagged items (in the form of links).

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. have a way to ALWAYS default to PRIVATE

I need to have a way to ensure that things are private unless I share them explicitly. It's 2010 and poor privacy is a deal breaker.

92 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo responded

For chrome extension,you can right click on the diigo icon and go to the seeting page to select "private as default while bookmarking’.
    It is the same with firefox.
    Diigolet doesn’t offer this kind of feature,since it is a simplified version.
    As for bulk converting bookmarks to private,
    you can choose to view all items in advanced view mode.

15. add a feature to sort bookmarks/links alphabetically

I'm shocked and annoyed that I cannot sort my bookmarks alphabetically

88 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Improve the Auto Post to Blog function

Some customisation options, and some user friendly setup options would be convenient.

Setting up the blog at the moment is very confusing, and it's only the sticky notes by other users that make it possible.

It would be nice to be able to customise the format of the post. And to have a default introduction text/template for each post. (possibly with wildcards that can be replaced by content (such as date, tags, titles, etc..). )

Be nice to be able to have weekly posts on days other than sunday.

Not sure if it's possible, but it'd be good to be…

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Put a picture/thumbnail of a website when the bookmark is posted, rather than the poster's picture

The Diigo page would look a lot better if the bookmarks that are posted have a small picture/image/thumbnail to the left of the link, rather than the profile picture of the person who posted it. It gets repetitive/redundant to see that person's picture/image over and over again. Instead, having a small image of what you're about to see on the website/bookmark gives you a sense of what you'll see if you decide to click on it. It is much more informative and useful and adds diversity to the look of the page.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Show the status of an imported set of bookmarks

I'm currently importing a very large set of bookmarks (15k+ bookmarks), and the current landing page is moderately helpful at best. Here's what it says right now:

Task is being processed. You will receive notification by email when it is done.
    Importing may take some time to complete, depending on how many bookmarks you have and how many other people are trying to import at the same time.
    Your tag cloud may require more processing and will be available later.

What I would like to see is a status bar to show how many people are ahead of me and…

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Let me edit my sticky notes

When saved, a sticky note can no longer be edited. I would be really nice to have that option.

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo responded

We will make this feature available on our website and client side.

20. Ability to share bookmarks with one or more Friends (without needing a group)

One of the Delicious features I love is the ability to flag a bookmark to one or more friends. It would be great if diigo had similar functionality without needing to set up one or more groups.

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 44 45
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base