Ideas

Welcome to Diigo Ideas Forum

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

For bug-reporting or general how-to questions, please check the right side of this page and choose “Bugs” or “How-to” forum.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Organise your bookmark list like yours os, in differents folders

The idea is that you could organise your selection of bookmarks, like you can in a selected folder and sub-folder of your operating system. EX List (music) in différents folders (classic, rock, ...)

2,023 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    247 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo responded

Thanks for all inputs.We are spearing no efforts to make Diigo 6.0 available soon. We are working on a brand-new way to organize items. You can use hierarchy system in a new way. it is also super easy to re-order items’ structure. Please stay tuned.

2. To have a tags bundle option (like in delicous)

The only feature that delicious has and that I regret Diigo hasn't

1,187 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  70 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Color-code tags

Add ability to color-code tags, similar to gmail's labels.

715 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Integrate citation and bibliography features according to accepted formatting standards

Diigo is a great tool for collecting information, in order to be more useful in the academia, it should offer creation of bibliography and citations according to accepted formatting rules used in journals and publications. Tools that already have these features and somewhat overlap with Diigo are for instance Mendeley, Endnote Web or NoodleBib.

684 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Power users feature: Filters

This might not be useful for all, and it's probably a "maybe later" feature. But Gmail style filters would be really useful.

Eg:

If tagged A and B but not C, add to list L1 and submit to group G3
    If tagged F and unread, add to list L3.
    If tagged G and H and read, add to list L4, add tags T1 and T2, submit to Twitter and Submit to blog.

664 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  23 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve the API and documentation

Having a decent powerful API allows other people to make extensions and code for your site, integrate it into their sites and applications, and generally make your service better for free.

But I found that most of the cool ideas I had couldn't be implemented using the current API. I might have been going about things wrong, but authentication, search and ping limits seemed to make anything other than grabbing basic data very hard.

Some form of authentication key would be very useful.
    Changing ping limits from 1 every few seconds to something more flexible like 20 per minute or…

576 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  19 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. hierarchy tags

I have multiple related tags that I would like to relate under a common tag.
    something similar to gmail folders:
    X / bla
    X / bla2
    Y / bla3
    this way would be easier to categorize items.

491 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make Diigo Sidebar Delicious

Make the Diigo Sidebar 2 -tiered so that I can browse my Tags in a top window and see the links for a tag in the bottom window and acces a link directly from there . . . just like in delicious.

469 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please make Diigo highlighter compatible with pdf files viewed online

As more and more people move to the cloud to do work, and store their data, it would be incredibly useful if we could highlight pdf documents we read online.

Thank you :)

403 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Chrome Extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo responded

Our goal is “collect everything,access anywhere”.We wanna make diigo tools super easy to use even for a totally new user.We will support the uploading of PDF&PPT and making annotations on online PDF&uploaded PDF.Along with that,we will develop a diigo desktop client.It will support making annotations on PDF.After these tasks finished,you can annotate PDF online and locally via client. You can also see these annotations on your mobile phone.

10. Ability to use tag synonyms

Often I find myself adding tags several times but each time in a different language. Ex. I add an English tag and also the same tag but then in Dutch. As a result links get cluttered with lots of tags. Wouldn't it be an idea to have the possibility to add synonyms (translations) to 1 tag so that adding 1 of them immediately makes the link searchable via the related synonyms too?
    Just a wild idea that popped up :-)

402 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Semantic, User-Defined Relationships Among Tagged Items (i.e. Linked Data)

All tagged items could be linked together through semantic relationships such as: "evidence for", "argument against", "relies on", etc. This could potentially culminate in a concept map mode—displaying the web of connections around particular tagged items.

398 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow sharing with more than one group at a time.

I am a member of several similar groups. When I find a site that could be helpful for more than one, I have to bookmark it multiple times in order to share it with each group.

398 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Diigo group  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Support favicons

If favicons of the sites that we are bookmarking can be used in some places that would be nice/functional. In a long list of bookmarks it is easier to find the link you are looking for

316 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 292 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 281 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    57 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo responded

Currently we do not have this kind of plan. As the fast development of diigo, it will be on our schedule. If help is needed, would you help us in translation? We’d appreciate your kind help.

16. Drop Down for Currently Used Tags

It would be great feature, if Diigo offers a Drop Down menu of all the Tags currently in Use. I think at the moment it only offers the Auto Complete option for the Tags.

I will allow better use of all the existing tags without creating new ones everytime.

253 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Firefox extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. use own server with unlimited images / caching

So, we could keep our data extensive and safe, whle saving Diigo`s resources.

Diigo would still have their ads, and users could have alternatives to paid model, which isn`t for everyone.

227 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 221 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  11 comments  ·  Android App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 196 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Diigo website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Sandy_diigoSandy_diigo responded

Currently group doesn’t support cached pages.We will support it later.Diigo will support the exporting of contents
    in rich formats,including bookmarks &annotations and cached pages.The export will be in a zip format Along with that,we will develop client for desktop.
    You can view these contents offline.
    Anyway,our goal is" collect everything,access anywhere". Your data are safe all the time.

20. Allow bookmark sync with Chrome extension

Delicious' official extension has it, and it would be awesome!

186 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Chrome Extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 142 143
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base